Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 20

20 days, can you believe it?!!!

This morning I learned a little lesson: Make sure the top to your high speed blender is on good and tight before you hit start. Ha ha, oops. Isn't it funny how the simplest lessons are sometimes learned the hardest ways?

It has been a challenging few days. I guess what I have going on here is a good ol lung, kidney and liver detox all happening simultaneously. The nausea has been pretty bad still, today when I was making juice I thought I might throw up. I’ve just managed to drink 1/2 quart of quite green juice this morning. I had a really restless sleep last night, partly because I had to get up and pee 5 or 6 times. I went through a series of bad bladder infections in university, so maybe the remnants are working their way out of my body. My lungs are quite congested and sore as well. I also had a really bad lung infection in third year where I coughed for a month until I broke my rib. Why did I go to university again?

So you're probably wondering why, with all this discomfort, I am trudging on forward? Because this will be worth it!!! I am creating vibrant shining health for myself and doing it with the knowledge that sometimes things must get worse before they get better. I am keeping the faith, trying to drink juice as much as I can, and riding the waves of emotion that are probably also linked to this big liver let go. One second I feel great, the next irritable, head-achy, angry, sad...all kinds of things.

I’ve also been experiencing strong cravings for comfort cooked food...emotional cravings, because as I’m craving I’m also feeling nauseous and not hungry. Lemon water is still good going down, so I'm going to keep drinking a lot of that and trying to get in as much juice as possible. Also coconut water is ok, but I know it’s super sweet so I don’t want to overdo that. Other sweet fruits like pineapple and oranges are also making me feel sick, all in all I’m a bit fatigued of the juice. I’ve been putting a lot of ginger in and drinking ginger tea. I also bought fresh mint to juice and mint tea has helped the nausea as well.

One benefit of feeling so low is I have been reading a lot. Yesterday I finished David Wolf’s book Sunfood Success System. And I have been catching up on my Juice Feasting website reading. I've started reading Napoleon Hill's book: Think and Grow Rich (ie: the Secret). Keeping inspired really helps me stay on track.

Ok folks. That's it for now. Happy Saturday to you all!

"For every disciplined effort, there is a multiple reward."
-Jim Rohn, success philosopher

No comments: