Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 15

Two week mark!

Hello all you lovelies. How is everyone? I hope you're all well. I'm doing really well. How about that?!

Still up and down of course, but all in all things are noticeably improved. Want an example? Well two days ago I went for a brisk walk near my house and as I was strolling along something suddenly occurred to me...I was walking without fatigue. For the first time in over a year I had a bounce and energy in my step that had been missing.

I feel like...myself again. Tonight I met a friend for a movie date and she said that lately every time she sees me I look more and more like myself. That's the best description I've heard. The soft padding of all the sickness, fatigue, sadness and depression is washing away, literally and figuratively.

Oh the news to share!

1. The Jack Lalanne (now christened "Jack") blender finally arrived! I had pretty much given up hope, especially after a phone conversation this morning with a rep who said it might take up to a month. Then this afternoon there was that knock at the door and the postman was there carrying a huge box. I bet he'd never seen anyone so excited about a blender before. I've used it twice and it's definitely powerful. Noisy too. But WAY faster the the Osterizer. I'll do a comparison with my friend's Vitamix soon and let you all know.

2. Life feels good

3. I lost a few more pounds this week, but mostly I shed deeply stored emotions, big waves of old grief and anger came out and floated away. Very similar to my experience at Vipassana. Imagine combining juice feasting with a Vipassana retreat...oh my!

4. My immune system feels darn strong! All around me people are falling prey to this awful flu bug. It's turning into bronchitis and pneumonia and all kinds of ghastly things. But I have continued on my merry juicy way with only a day or two of fighting it off, but no real sickness. For a girl who's record is three doses on antibiotics in three months, that's damn good!

5. Sense of smell and taste. So strong! I can smell people now, which is really strange. Some people have this sour, stale odor...it's kind of gross, but interesting at the same time.

What else?...

Oh I thought I would share some informative tidbits.
Some of you have been writing that you're inspired to juice so here are some of the unusual and delicious juice combos I have been favoring:

1: orange, grapefruit, ginger, bee pollen (I know I mentioned this one already, but you really have to try it!)

2: grapefruit, celery, garlic (sounds weird, I got this from David and Katrina, but give it a chance. Usually I don't like raw garlic, but this is good)

3: spinach, kiwi, lemon, cucumber (the best breakfast drink ever)

4: spinach, mint, apple, lemon (mint with greens, yum!)

5. cilantro, lettuce, chard, tomato, red pepper, garlic (it's like salsa in a drink, and is surprisingly good.)

One funny thing is I never liked cilantro before now and suddenly I'm loving it in my juice. I think my senses are shifting.

Today I came upon a cute blog that some of you might want to check out. It's a darn good endorsement for the beauty of raw living: www.rawmodelcom.blogspot.com
That is one beeeeautiful man!

Ok, finally. Since it is a Monday, it's time for stats:

This week I lost 2-3 pounds, now weighing in about 142. Which is just fine. Normal for that to slow down after the first week or so. My skin cleared for a bit, then broke out again (detox). The puffiness around my face is vastly cleared. Energy is up. Exercise possible. Spirits high. I'm feeling proud of my own strength and I'm inspired to continue this big adventure as long as it takes to reach my goal of vibrant health.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. All my love to each one of you!


"Do the thing and you shall have the power."
- Emerson

No comments: