Thursday, January 31, 2008

Day 18


What Goes Up, Must Come Down?

I guess that's the title for today's blog. The past couple of days I have felt great, so full of energy. Then last night I got feverish and flu-ee feeling. This morning that feeling continues, no worse, but also no better. There has been this awful flu going around that everyone has been getting. But my hunch is that I may be having a cleansing reaction. This is not uncommon and also not surprising considering I have spent a huge portion of my life in sick. Lucky for me I am without things I must do and so I'm planning on spending the day resting, drinking my juices and catching up on health readings. I've read a couple of articles on cleansing reactions and there is this law that states: healing takes place in reverse order to how you got sick, from the inside out and the top down. That's why people's faces often start to look better the soonest. This means that yucky stuff stored inside is bound to come out eventually. I've also read that cleansing reactions are usually preceded by a day of feeling great, then last for maximum 3 days. We'll see how it goes, but I'm confident that my newly supported immune system will be able to clear this out, maybe once and for all. If I could let go of my history of annual strep throat that would be a HUGE accomplishment!

Are you all holding your breath in anticipation of the results of our Blend-Off 2008?? Well Heather, Zev and I put our two machines to the test: The Vitamix Vita Prep 3 and the Jack Lalanne Health Master 100. After carefully recording the data here is what we have come up with:

-The bodies and motors are about the same size.
-The Vitamix containter is a little bigger, but not much.
-The Vitamix seems to be a bit better quality in make, as far as the weight of the plastic, etc. but not hugely different.
-The knobs and speeds are fairly close and similar in their ease of use
-After blending a few different things we found that they both did the exact same job at blending
-Both have been used in commercial raw food establishments and have done their jobs well. That means they can both stand up to a lot of use!

Since the Jack Lalanne comes in at $350 cheaper than the Vitamix, even if it doesn't last as long I'd say it's close enough to be a damn good deal! Oh and Jack has a 100 year warranty on the motor so that at least should last forever.

Here's a video of the soon to be famous BLENDOFF 2008!!!




I think today I might try a psyllium bentonite shake and see if that doesn't assist relieving my cleansing reaction symptoms. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Meantime I'm off to drink coconut water and learn about all the wonderful healing properties of coconuts.

Happy day to you all!

-I'll leave you with a portrait of my new friend Jack surrounded by a day's worth of goodies


No comments: