Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 22

22 is my lucky number, this must be a magic day. The magic day of snot, because that's what's going on. I talked to David and Katrina Rainoshek yesterday and they assured me that all these symptoms are Great! because it's my body's way of letting go of stored toxins and mucus and all kinds of stuff.

I've been sort of fasting rather than feasting the past couple of days. I haven't been able to stomach the green juices so I'm not pushing it because I don't want to turn myself against them or make myself sick. I have found some great juices to make that I can handle though. The favorites of late are:

Cranberry, orange, lemon, ginger
Strawberry, pineapple, orange, ginger
Persimmon, orange, cranberry, lemon (I am LOVING cranberries)
And young coconut water. Yum!
Also tea with honey. I know it's all rather on the sweet side, but I've been listening to what my body asks for and haven't been overdoing the sweet too much, trusting that my taste for green will return as I get better.

As I go into my fourth week of feasting I'm feeling pretty high energy considering I have all these cold symptoms. I also feel committed to the juice feast and I've begun to wonder if I will be ready to come off in just eight days. I'm thinking I may continue on towards the 60 day mark, which would mean packing the blender and juicing in Hawaii. There are lots of good fruits and coconuts there and I have heard there's a guy who sells organic produce at the Hilo farmers market.

I've also got a game plan for the plane ride that involves a combo of greens plus, bee pollen and spirulina in my carry-on combined with water, lemon and some pasteurized orange juice. Anyways, I haven't decided either way yet, I'm going to continue taking it one day at a time.

One thing I did that helped calm my nausea 2 days ago was drink another psyllium bentonite shake. I felt immediately better and the next day all number of things were purged from my colon. I think I'll probably use this technique again as it seems to help the whole cleansing process.

I've also tried what's called "The Cold Sock Treatment" the past two nights to help relieve fever and mucus congestion. This involves heating your feet up for five minutes, then putting on a pair of ice cold wet socks (I know, I know, just wait) and a pair of wool socks over top. Though this sounds horrible, the amazing thing is your feet warm up really hot pretty quick and by half way through the night the socks are dry. What this does is draw the heat and congestion from the top of your body down, helping you sleep better and pulling the mucus down out of your sinuses. It's an old wives trick, supposedly good to help feverish children sleep and also a good Tylenol replacement.

What else...oh yeah a fun link. There's one site I would like to recommend to you: www.storyofstuff.com Watch the video all the way through, it inspired me to continue to purchase less, buy local and re-use what I already own.

Finally for today: Monday's Stats.

Weight: 140 Lbs (2 more down)
Skin: clearer, still splotchy in areas, a little itchy and dry, but soothed by coconut oil
Energy: 6.5/10 (was probably a 5/10 when I started, a 0.5/10 when I was really sick and 8/10 on the best days so far)
Emotions: fairly fluid, waves still washing through but I feel very clear and focused
Optimism: High!

Here's this week's pic. (I know I cheat by using a softbox, ah well, I'm writing it off to artistic licence) Love to all of you!



1 comment:

R. Duckie said...

Hi, I'm still loving your juice journey! Good luck with that plane ride! You will probably have to buy that OJ once you have already cleared security in the airport. I'm gonna buy a blender soon for my cabin! :)