Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 9

Holy Doolie, it's freezing in Victoria!

Now I know compared to rest of the country that's nothing, but for us thin skinned coasties -5 is darn chilly. The semi-tropical plants are all wilty and starting to panic.

Tonight I saw a documentary called "How to Cook Your Life". Funny I know after all my raw foody talk, but it was really good, I recommend it. It's about this Zen Monk/Chef and it reminded me about the importance of awareness and staying present while preparing food. Even while juicing I haven't really been paying close attention, just kind of throwing the fruits and veggies in and pressing the go button. Tomorrow my goal is to really smell, feel and take in what I am juicing.

Oh that reminds me, did I tell you my sense of smell has gotten super sensitive? Yesterday at the pool I could smell the women's shampoo from outside the change rooms, across the building. And the smell of stale coffee on Sunday almost make me puke.

I've been really into oranges the past couple of days.
The favorite voted juice has been orange/ginger. I know it's not green, but today I had a really hard time stomaching the green juice. I have felt pretty nauseous yesterday and today, which is a normal detox thing, but something about the gentle sweetness of the orange combined with the stomach calming spice of the ginger is Yummy!

Today was a "sensitive" day. I cried a lot. And felt edgy. The amazing thing is that I stayed calm even while I was sobbing, part of me wailing away and the other part thinking "hmmm, well that's good, let is all out now, don't want to be carrying that around anymore do we?" Usually when I maintain this sort of awareness while crying I begin to laugh, which is what happened, and then the sadness floods back and I start to cry again. I always think of that crazy scene from Breakfast at Tiffany's, you know the one, during the apartment party when the camera does a long pan across the room and we see the woman looking at herself in the mirror and laughing hysterically, and then the camera moves away only to return a minute later to the same woman who is now looking at herself and sobbing, face streaked with black mascara. I love that scene.

This is my photographic tribute that I shot last year. And yes, I am really crying.



In my health readings today I learned about giving a proper enema and realized that I haven't been doing enough abdominal massaging. Tonight I was more diligent in this respect and cleared out even more "stuff." I also learned about the miraculous healing tributes of natural clays like bentonite and French green clay. You can cure everything from food poisoning and acne to carpel tunnel and gangrene. Amazing!

It's been a total EMO day. I guess that makes sense with the whole feeling sensitive deal. It's just so predictable. Last winter I worked with a girl who would listen to hard metal when she feeling low. I will never be that girl.

Here's my quote of the day. I like how it rings. Goodnight friends.

"If you're green on the inside, you're clean on the inside."
Dr. Bernard Jensen

No comments: