Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 12

Good Morning Friends!

I haven't blogged for a couple days and now it's time to catch up. As I get further into my feast there are less day to day feasting dramas to report, but still, there's plenty to tell you about.

Things are going nicely. I'm starting to get into a juicing routine. My routine fell apart a little at the beginning of the week and I didn't feel great. I realized it was because I was getting up too late, thus not drinking my first juice until about 10 am, which meant that for the 2 hours before I started to get grumpy. Not so good! So today I got up at 7, got my morning lemon water, enema and hot cold shower done and now it's 8:30 and I am drinking my first juice. Much better, as I don't want to spend all day making juice and doing juice feasting activities. Another hint to any of you thinking of juice feasting is to make your morning juice the night before and leave it in the fridge. That way you can drink that first one on time, regardless if it takes some time to get the other juices made. Minimizing blood sugar crashes is important for mental stability and avoiding cravings.

I may have mentioned before that I was feeling nauseous on and off this past week. I put it down to detox, but now I think it may be remnants of that strange flu bug I had. I talked to Katrina Rainoshek (my juice feasting coach) yesterday and she said it could also be from all the chlorophyll. Either way, it seems to be dissipating. I'm thinking about getting some liquid bentonite and trying a psyllium/bentonite shake to pull any toxins out that are causing these hangover sensations. If I do I'll post a report on the outcome.

Other news...still no Jack Lalanne blender! Every day I think; "today will be the day." But the good ol' Osterizer is still kicking, thank goodness. Maybe today will be the day. I hope so, otherwise I have to wait another weekend.

The best news is that juice feasting is having a rippling effect and I've taken part in some fun juicing get-togethers lately. My friends are being wonderfully supportive and many of them are inspired to try out the green juice! I had a juice lunch party with Hezi and Stacey last week, my friend Allana visited this weekend and we had juice for breakfast and last night I went to Jenny's and had a juicy dinner. I've taken some pictures (I finally located my camera) that I'll post at the end.

Jenny's method for juicing is to use her blender and then strain her pulp through an old, clean t-shirt. And guess what? It worked better at keeping the chunks out than my nut milk bags! I may switch to that method myself, saves money and gives less pulpy juice.

My last delighted tidbit to report is that my squatting post seems to have started a mini revolution! I won't name any names, but some of you out there have decided to take on my challenge, and are now praising the benefits. *Snaps* for squatting while you poo!

Much love to all. Hope you enjoy these juicy pictures!

Ladies Lunch on Juice!



2 comments:

Robyn said...

aww...such great pics! Makes me wish I were there too to juice-lunch!

I am curios about how much your juicing costs? It's something you haven't mentioned yet. How often do you shop for groceries, and how much do you have to buy at a time to make that much juice?? Can't wait to hear more!

Ariel Rubin said...

To answer the costing question for any of you interested:

Produce is costing me about $15/day
It would be cheaper in the summer with all the organic markets, etc. But I'm looking for the deals right now, like oranges and romaine lettuce, etc.

I probably spent about $200 on supplements so far, and they're lasting me well.

I spent $150 on the blender, which, considering the use, in money well spent!

Other than that I spent $50 on a rebounder from Zellers and another $50 on a gym/pool pass with access to the sauna

But really when it gets down to it, isn't health priceless? I'm totally broke and on EI but have found a way to make this happen. So if I can, anyone else can too. And just think, some people spend $3 a day or more just on coffee!