Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 5

Another day, another gallon and a half of fresh juice. Today was a big elimination day. And man does it feel good. Take it away, I don't want that crap anymore!!!

One of the great things about becoming a member on juicefeasting.com is that every day there are pages and pages of health information, inspiring articles, videos and songs to download. I have spent a lot of time this year reading and learning about health, nutrition, natural healing, Ayurvedic medicine, Chinese medicine, natural therapeutic methods, etc. The juice feasting website is giving me an even greater library to tap into. The more I learn, the more I am struck by our general ignorance about health and our bodies. Before this year if for example I had a headache I would think, "ouch, my head hurts, why is it doing that?" And then I would take a Tylenol. Now my head hurts and I try to think "that's an interesting feeling, what is the message?" Maybe I'm stressed and need to chill out, maybe I ate something that doesn't agree with me...there is always a cause for the pain I feel.

I've been thinking a lot about health and about taking responsibility for ourselves.
I don't just want ok health. I want vibrant health.
People have been saying to me, "that's good you're doing that, I would do something like that if I were sick too." But my question I have for you is: why wait until we're sick? What I've learned this year is that I got sick was because I ignored my body's warning signals that preceded for three or more years. It's like a kid whispering that she needs to pee, then calling out, then screaming and finally peeing her pants. If I had been tuning in enough to listen to the messages earlier then I wouldn't have gotten sick in the first place. I'm done with being just OK, I want to feel GREAT! (picture Tony the Tiger...except minus the sugary cereal) And feeling great doesn't just mean functioning, getting up, geoing to work, making money, coming home, watching TV, going to bed, then doing it all again the next day. Feeling great means getting out of bed and thinking "Shit, i love my life!" It means feeling happy and energized. Having ample creative energy and time for people I care about, having a beautiful home and giving as much as I can to others because my basic supply of energy is limitless.


Today I learned about squatting and the importance of doing it when you go to the bathroom. I know, this may gross some of you out. But come on now, everyone poos, it's a large part of each of our day (or should be...constipation is apparently one of the growing problems in North America), so we might as well start talking about it. Did you know that Appendicitis is caused by improper bowel emptying from sitting instead of squatting on toilets? Apparently people in third world countries don't get Appendicitis or Collitis or Chrone's Disease or Irritable Bowel Syndrome, because they squat over holes like our bodies were designed to do instead of sitting their lazy butts on toilets. Amazing! Who knew that? Not me. There's your fun fact for the day. I dare you to tell five people. I double dare you to start squatting when you poo. You can kill two birds with one stone, proper bowel emptying and yogic leg stretches all at the same time!

And with that note I will leave you for the day! Happy pooing friends! Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think i will accept your challenge.