Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day 3

Today was an easier day. The juice went down smoother, my body felt better adapted and I was more calm. Apparently I looked stoned because my pupils were super dilated. Funny, I wonder why that happened?

I've decided to stop giving my list of daily juices 1) because I'm too lazy to take note what I'm putting in as I make them and 2) because they're all pretty much the same. Maybe I'll just mention when I make something truly special. My favorite today was orange celery with the bee pollen in it, yum! It was beautiful chartreuse and tasted like dessert. (I know I know, I'm becoming a juice nerd)

The best part of today was when I was given two bags stuffed with local organic grown kale and chard from a friend's garden. (Thanks Jeremy and Jennifer!) I was like a freaking kid in a candy shop (you would be too if you were buying kale for $3/bunch) Why did I choose winter to do this again? After being given the kale I realized there may be an untapped market of unused produce in the local winter gardens. So I posted a plea for greens on Craigslist. It'll be funny to see if anyone answers.

I could keep chattering away but I don't have any coherent deep thoughts to express at the moment. So instead I want refer you all to a talk I watched today that inspired me SO MUCH! It's a video of a lecture by Gary Null. I had never even heard of Gary Null before today. Please please please watch this video! It's relevant to any of us who have had or have ever known someone with any degenerative disease, cancer, Parkinson's, AIDS, obesity, prolonged menopause, depression...so really that means all of us. Please watch it all the way through. It's a little long but SO worth it!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6707428874362219714

And with that I'll end with a couple of the quotes I liked from the talk...oh and some juicy pictures that'll give you a real idea of my GREEN intake.

Thanks so much for saying nice things in your comments. Praise may be cheap but it always works! Sending out love and good wishes to everyone!

" In my world I don't eat things that are not good. I don't do things that are not good. I don't think things that are not good. Everything I do honors me."

"Why are poor happy people in third world countries living longer lives than rich unhappy people in America?"

"What constitutes a long life? The belief that you have in yourself. And sharing with other people who share common values and a common energy...If I'm around positive people I'm supported by their positive energy and it enhances mine as I share with them."

"Love expands, fear constricts
Honesty expands, defeat constricts"






"Everything is a choice. We are a mirror manifestation of the choices we make."

2 comments:

Kaishapants said...

Hello Ariel, you may not remember me but I am Jill's daughter Kaisha. She sent me your photo site and I stumbled onto your juice blog. My fience and I had been looking for a cleanse/fast/health improvement regime and hadn't found anything we liked. After reading about the juice feasting we were both very inspired and are going to try a month or even longer this spring. We are currently living in Ottawa, where it is -10 on a good day, without a juicer. But we are both very enthusiastic about getting started as soon as we get home to Victoria. We did make a few liters earlier this week using a labor intensive blender and cheese cloth method and while it was way too much work to do for every meal, we loved the juice we made and really look forward to when we have my mom's juicer and can do it all day for a month! So, thank you for the info and the blog and good, good luck! We are grateful to be able to follow your experience!
Kaisha

R. Duckie said...

Hey Ariel, thanks for the juice today :) It was really good (better then I had imagined!) It was also cool to see you guys make it in the blender! Take care -
Stacey