Monday, January 14, 2008

Day 1

Well it has begun. Day 1 is coming towards an end. And I made it through. I don't have anything earth shattering to write just yet. But I'd call the day a success.

Should I tell you how my day shaped up so you can get an idea of -a day in the life- dealio? Well alright then.

-I woke up.
-Meditated for about 5 minutes (usually I try for an hour but today I was too excited to start juicing)
-Drank 1 quart of water with half a lemon juiced in and a Tbs of MSM
-I scraped the goo from my tongue with a tongue scraper (pretty original name I know, but this is very good for helping your liver cleanse)
-Then I did my first enema, and guess what, it was easy! I won't get into the details, to read how you can look it up on juicefeasting.com
-Next I dry skin brushed and then had a nice hot shower, alternating with cold for 30 seconds each a total of 7 times, and finishing on hot, because it's winter here.
-Then I made my juice. I made 3 quarts to start. Later in the day I made two more, but only drank one.
-This all took about an hour and a half and then I got on with my day.

In total today I drank:
4 quarts juice
1st: celery, parsley, cucumber, lettuce, ginger w. E3live (live blue-green algae), a digestive enzyme (for my poor deprived system), an acidophilus (to kill the Candida and help the good crawlies multiply), and 3000 IU of vitamin D (because it's winter here and lately I've forgotten what sunshine is)
-2nd: celery, grapefruit, cucumber, green apple, lettuce and Max Stress B ( a live plant based B vitamin that will help my adrenals), and MSM
-3rd: kale, apple, cucumber, lettuce, ginger, 1 Tbs hemp oil and 1 Tbs spirulina
-4th: soaked goji berries, orange, celery, ginger, lettuce and 1 Tbs bee pollen

I quart of water with lemon
1 quart warming tea
-this has: ginger (warming and good for stomach), cinnamon (warming), cardamom pods (warming), cloves (warming, stimulate circulation and metabolism), anise (warming and good for clearing sinuses and clearing mucus), astralagus (feeds the body's basic energy,antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and diuretic), burdock root (blood purifier and liver cleanser), goji berries (blood builder) and licorice root(good for warmth, stomach and low blood pressure-a problem of adrenal fatigue) yeah baby!!! I know it sounds weird, but it's actually some darn good tea.

I should mention that I currently have a cold which is causing all kinds of sneezing and sniffling, but I'm hoping that all this healthy juicing will aid in that healing process as well.

Hunger pains were nil today. I did start having a little craving for white bagels with avocado and cream cheese which is funny because I haven't eaten white flour or cream cheese for almost a year. Weird things happen with cleansing though and I have heard that sometimes you crave stuff when the toxins from them are leaving your body. Well if that's true then bye bye white flour!

And...I think that's it. I'm feeling a bit chilly today, what with the cold windy rainy day and this bug I have, but I've been keeping warm by moving my body, drinking warm things and bundling up.

Have a great night everyone!

-within every adversity is an equal or greater benefit-

(don't know who said it but I like it!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a pre-enema phone call was lousily placed. look forward to talking to you for real and nice to read all the crazy details from my unemployment desk in welland. xxx